28 Aug 5 ways you know you hired a professional translator
Not sure if you hired the right person? Ask yourself the following five questions to find out:
- If the translator acts in a considerate, yet professional manner, returning emails, sending thank-you cards and remembering what you tell them;
- If their rate is reflective of the quality of translated output, in a good way;
- If they translate using transposition in a clever manner, versus producing a word-for-word rendition;
- If they read the text thoroughly before beginning translating; AND
- If they ask you questions about the text, including what is the end goal that you would like your translations to achieve.
With all the different choices out there, it is important to be able to find someone whose work ethic is bar none.